One of the purposes of Books from Fangorn is to write and share posts that generate discussions around books. The main topics of analysis in this site are: gender, nature and monster studies in literature. Most reads are gothic novels, classics, fantasy and fantastic.
Below are the published entries on the mentioned topics. Please give credits if you use my articles and contact me.
- key words: The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis, Gender Studies, Feminist Studies, Children’s Literature.
- key words: the Gothic, Gothic Literature, Ann Radcliffe, Horace Walpole, Romanticism
- key words: Feminist Studies, Art History, The Monk, the Gothic, Matthew Lewis.
- key words: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Nature, the Gothic, Feminist Studies, Anne Brontë.
- key words: Horror, Terror, the Gothic, Ann Radcliffe, Edmund Burke.
- key words: Edmund Burke, Horror, the Gothic, the Sublime, The Castle of Otranto
- key words: The Vampyre, John Polidori, the Uncanny, Sigmund Freud, Monstrosity
- key words: Lady Audley’s Secret, Mary Elizabeth Braddon, Jacques Lacan, Feminist Studies.
- key words: Monster Studies, Jeffrey Jerome Cohen, Monster Theory, Monstrosity.